- Are you someone others can look up to as a good example?
- Who do you consider a mentor you can look up to?
- Do you look up to anyone who is younger than you?
- How does it feel to be shown respect? What about disrespect? Does your behavior play a part in how you are perceived at times? Do stereotypes from others affect you too?
- What types of positive behaviors catch your attention, or seem rare for others in your age range?
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” – 1 Timothy 4:12
Break into small groups of 5-7:
- What negative behaviors do you wish you didn’t do, and would like others to pray for you to replace with better actions and thoughts?
Affirmation circle activity:
- Think of encouraging words to share with each person, and the recipient can only say “thank you” (this is not a time for sarcasm or jokes)