“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” – 1 Timothy 4:12
- This is the verse we learned last week. This week we are going to learn about affirming each other. We are going to practice the “Speech, conduct and love” part tonight.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
- Has anyone ever said something mean to you that really hurt?
- Has anyone ever said anything to you that felt healing or made you want to be a better person?
- The bible commands us to build each other up. The world likes to tear others down because it puts them higher up on the totem pole. That’s not the case with us. In Jesus’ mind, whoever is first must be a servant to others.
- We are going to do an exercise that I heard once described as a “Honey Roast” . I really want you guys to take this seriously.
- Not all of you, but a good amount of people here have dealt with bullying, and we want this to be a safe place.
- Think of encouraging words to share with each person, and the recipient can only say “thank you” (this is not a time for sarcasm or jokes)