- What How many of you have grown up going to church regularly?
- What How many of you have heard the word ‘sin’ before?
- What is a sin? (Anything that separates us from God)
- Is it possible for two people to do the same thing, and for it to be a sin for one person and not the other?
- Why or why not?
 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,  and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.  God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—Romans 3:23-25 NIV
Have you ever heard church people talk all churchy? Can anybody explain those verses in a way that everyone can understand?
- God is perfect, and only perfection can enter his presence.
- We do things wrong, we are not perfect. That keeps us separated from God. Sin.
- Jesus was perfect, and could enter God’s presence. He was killed, even though he did nothing wrong.
- He goes to God on our behalf.
- His death covers our sin.
We can come to God through Jesus.Sin is a big deal. It keeps us from someone who knows how to love perfectly. But it doesn’t keep Him from loving us anyway. He made a way for us to come to him. Don’t miss out. God is quick to forgive.